The City Football School is an inspiring football education programme with Manchester City in the heart of the Etihad Campus.
City Football Language School combines English language with football coaching in a fully aligned and interactive programme, where the primary focus is to improve communication skills and develop confidence both on and off the pitch.
Delivered by City Football Schools coaches who are experienced in Manchester City’s philosophy and methodology, football training sessions will provide an authentic insight into how Manchester City players train on a daily basis.
Players will receive 30 hours of football coaching throughout the programme, where coaches will continually integrate and reinforce learning both on and off the pitch.
Football coaching will focus on key areas such as:
- Development of individual techniques and skills
- Challenging 1v1 practices
- Team play and working together
- Improved understanding of how City perform through playing games
Delivered by qualified teachers with a passion for football, English language sessions draw on interactive technology to make learning an enjoyable and memorable experience.
In 30 hours of off-pitch learning, players will improve English communication skills by completing a dedicated journey through the world of football, discovering life as a player, a manager, an analyst and a journalist.
Each morning they will learn about key elements of the profession, and each afternoon they will put these skills into practice in real-life activities.
- City Football Language School (CFLS) – combines the English language with football coaching in a fully aligned and interactive programme, where the primary focus is to improve communication skills and develop confidence both on and off the pitch.
- City Football Performance Programme (CFPP) – is an intensive 5-night football training programme for players who are committed to improving their individual game in a professional environment. Take your game to the next level! This programme starts on Sundays and ends on a Friday afternoon. Optional Friday Night and Saturday accommodation available to book.
- City Football Development Programme (CFDP) – is a fun and exciting 5-night football training programme for enthusiastic your players. This programme starts on Sundays and ends on a Friday afternoon. Optional Friday Night and Saturday accommodation available to book.
All players will stay in modern, high-quality university accommodation, including:
- Private en-suite bedrooms with study desk and Wi-Fi.
- Full-board meals (breakfast and dinner at the residence; lunch at Connell College; packed-lunches at the
- 24-hour security.
- Excellent sports and swimming facilities, as well as communal lounges with Sky TV, games consoles, pool
tables, study areas, a cinema room.
- Private daily coach transfer to and from City Football Academy.
- Free laundry provided for training kit; laundry facilities available for personal items at extra cost 13 nights’
accommodation. An extra night’s stay for earlier arrival or later departure is available at additional cost.
- En-Suite, single bedroom with free Wi-Fi.